The south aisle contains two effigies which are regarded as among the finest of such monumental sculptures in Scotland. It is supposed that the effigies are of the 1st Lord Borthwick and his wife. He received his title in 1452 and he died in 1483. The effigies may have been made in his lifetime as the style is of the mid fifteenth century. There are still traces of the blue, green, black and gold paint with which the figures were painted.
An illustrated history of the church can be bought from the church.